Talk Roswell  

Go Back   Talk Roswell > General Community Forums: > Post Misc Topics Here.
United States Flag
New Mexico Flag
Home Page TRAC Online News Arcade Radio and TV FAQ/Help Donate Calendar Forum Links
The links above and below are called the (Menu Bar)
Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Post Misc Topics Here. This forum is for posts that do not fit in any other category of the forums.

*** To help support Talk Roswell PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DONATE. Thank You! ***

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 350 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DONATE
Donate to support this site using PayPal. PayPal Your donation will be used to pay for our ever increasing bandwidth costs, our hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, maintenance costs and will help to advertise TalkRoswell. If you want to donate using a Check or Money Order please mail to Talk Roswell 1605 West 2nd Street Suite 2 Roswell, NM 88201. Please include your Forum user name.
Your donation will give you access to (The VIP Lounge) for the same period of time as if you had used the Paid Subscription Area.
Note: No one makes any money from TalkRoswell - all donations will be used for operation and advertising.

Unread 11-21-2010, 04:53 PM
VIP Member

Default Limiting sale items in NM

Some ads for sale items limit the number that can be purchased at that sale price. Walgreen's flyer seems to always have limits on their sale items. Can they do that?

Refer: NMSA 1978 57-1-18
Unread 11-21-2010, 05:08 PM
System Administrator

Default Re: Limiting sale items in NM

According to your reference, it may be unlawful. I don't know that it should be, though. Why should a business not be able to limit the number of sales items?

NMSA 1978 57-1-18

Toni Wiebenga
Unread 11-21-2010, 06:35 PM
VIP Member

Of course there's a way around that law as well. Store managers can designate how many will be put on shelves at the sale price, when it's gone, it's gone. I think the limitations allows more people to take advantage of the sale price, that is, unless people make numerous trips to the store.
Unread 11-21-2010, 07:31 PM
System Administrator

Quote:
I think the limitations allows more people to take advantage of the sale price...
I agree and see nothing wrong with that...

Toni Wiebenga
Unread 11-22-2010, 08:44 AM

I sent an E-Mail to Walgreen Corporate headquarters. I'll let you know if I get a response.
Unread 11-22-2010, 08:39 PM
VIP Member

This issue of limiting sale items came up years ago when several lawyers noticed an ad at K-Mart that would have permitted a restocking of the break room with sodas, etc. at a good price. When the check-out clerk advised only X amount could be bought this law was explained to the manager and thr amounts wanted were purchased at the advertised sale price.

Walgreens, like Wal-Mart, changes store managers by transfers, etc. so they may not stay in Roswell very long. In the past the North Walgreens store manager did ask for legal guidance from his corporate office and was told to comply with the law. He in turn told the S. Main manager to do the same.
Their sale flyers are printed out-of-state and used in several states.

Whether the law is right or wrong it is the law in N.M. until it's amended or eliminated. You can print a copy of that statute and show it to any store manager who may refuses to sell more than the advertised sale item limits.
You are not limited by the number of items on the shelf. You can ask for items not on display but in stock in the rear of the store. The law does not apply to people who intend to resell these sale items.

Some people simply go back and buy more at the limit # several times or have family and friends make the purchases. This is a generally unknown law.